Sunday, February 14, 2010

MADISON: The world's BEST Valentine ever!

Yesterday (JST) was Madison's 1st Valentine's Day, so you know I had to make it as special as can be. The day started off with me working out of course while she slept and waited for her to wake up to eat with her. Ben, Madi & I were in the kitchen and started making breakfast. Ben made the heart shaped pancakes and I made my heart shaped egg white omelet.. tastey!








Then we decided to exchange some gifts. Madison opened hers first. She received a basket of flowers from her daddy and she was trying to eat them, lol. In her heart shaped box, she received a "1st Valentines Day" bib, a shirt that said "Daddy's little Valentine", a wash cloth with tons of hearts on it, a new teether in pink, baby food: apple pie dessert, baby fruit roll-ups, a heart shaped pink pillow, a lady bug beanie baby (we get her a different one for every holiday) and I think that was about it. Next, it was Ben's turn! He received a picture frame with a picture of Madison in it and the frame said "Daddy's Princess on it. I gave him a heart box with two mugs that said "crazy in love" and 2 single shots of Captain Morgan. I also turned a Snoopy plush into a Drill Instructor Snoopy with Ben's new rank and a red heart on his chest. I wanted to be different and not traditional. Next, it was my turn! The 1st thing I saw was a blue Tiffany box! I love blue boxes :) It turned out to be the charm I had been wanting that says "naughty" on one side and "nice" on the other side. Then There was "The Time Traveler's Wife" in Blu-Ray. I thought, my husband is good! The last thing that was in there were two 5lb hand weights. GREAT!! I had been telling Ben I need to step my game up from my 3lb hand weights and he got em for me, such a sweet husband! I had made sure he did not buy me candy (I'm on a weigh loss program and don't care for it) and there wasn't! Next, we used red paint and created what was supposed to be a heart out of our footprints. It isn't perfect, but it's art!




















Next, we cleaned up and dressed Madison in her new shirt, some jeans and of course her red chucks. Ben & I actually got dressed in our red inspired clothes as well because we were supposed to go for a picnic for lunch. Needless to say, the weather did not permit us to do this because it was simply way too cold to take Madi out there. So, we decided to have lunch here on base at the Grand Buffet. It wasn't to bad. Ben and Madison dropped me off at home and the went to the store, to let me take a nap. IT WAS WONDERFUL :)












A couple of hours later, we got ready for yet another little expedition. We were a little formal this time and went to a restaurant called Jan Jakas. This place is so delicious and you cook your own food there. One place I will truly miss when we move back stateside. We had a blast and Madison was such a great baby (she always is) we never have to constantly be holding her, she is so independent.













When we got home, of course we had to watch my favorite show the Biggest Loser, lol. It is my inspiration! Then Madison went to bed and Ben and I watched my new movie together. It was really romantic. That ended our Valentine's Day and what a great one it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment